Thursday, March 25, 2010

Poetry

by Pete Holly

Tell me sir,to what you walk,when all your day is done-
Do secret spies,come roaming round,and try your hat on some-
could it be,someone i know,but has forgotten me-
Tell me sir,off do you dream,and let her come back to me-

I wish it were that way-sometimes,that a gentleman forget-
and so the one i used to know-Remember how we met-
so standing on the corner,as the midnight bell did toll-
i could spy,your glittering eye,and once more we could stroll

You found the thing,lost in your purse,twas ten times great as gold
and it put you in a funny mood-we laughed and said "I'm Sold"
Were you mine or was me yours-how quickly we forget-
But don't think of that other man and prefer me not to quit

It all seems such a silly game-but that's how fun be had,
If i should take advantage of your funny mood please tell me you'd be Glad-
and not be woken' up tommorrow an' wonder where you'd been-
but feel as if the sky had opened-and let both of us in-

No comments: